Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Andrew Haley Andrew Haley is offline

Default Oppo BDP-105 vs. SONY SCD-XA5400ES

wrote:
On Sunday, July 28, 2013 10:51:55 PM UTC+9, Andrew Haley wrote:

It might just be a matter of terminology. Perhaps there is some
decimation going on. However, DSD runs at 2.8224 MHz and the
SabreDac's anti-imaging filter runs at "up to" 40 MHz, so the obvious
way to do it, if you had compute power to spare, would be to convert
DSD to DSD-wide (i.e. PCM-narrow) and feed it straight into the
filter.

Hi Andrew,

Hi,

In your opinion, what would be the best choice for serious listening
(Oppo 105 or XA5400ES)?. Any comments would be gratefully
appreciated. I am not good with technical details.

I'm not personally familiar with the Sony. They're both very
high-quality units, and I suspect that neither would be the weak link
in any audio system, regardless of its price. Oppo is newer, and
plays a lot more formats, and IME would be better value for money.

Andrew.