Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio Empire Audio Empire is offline

Default Edgar Villchur Passes

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 15:51:37 -0700, Arny Krueger wrote
(in article ):

Edgar Villchur died this morning in his sleep in Woodstock NY. He was 94.

snip

Thanks, Arny, for passing that along. Edgar Villchur was a giant in the field
of High Fidelity and his likes are rare. He was that uncommon combination of
of businessman and innovator that moves the world forward. We need all of
those we can get.

I only met Mr. Villchur once, and that was at an AES convention in New York
City about 35 years ago. He was gracious and easy to talk to, and even made
time for a dumb young engineer like myself.

However, 94 is a good, long life and none of us could could ask for more.
Even though I feel sad for his wife and surviving children, they had him for
a long time, something that many of us cannot say of a parent.

Bon Voyage, Edgar, and thank you for your contributions to the world.