Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Dynamic Mic Noise - Update

mcp6453 wrote:

I'm still not clear on the source of the noise. However, it's safe to
say that the noise is electromagnetic. I found a couple of like-new EV
N/D 767a mics at my local Guitar Center for $69 each, so I bought them.
They have humbucking coils in them and are totally quiet. Their sound
was also quite decent. They'll do until the broadcaster can spring for a
couple of Heil PR40s.

No, it's magnetic, not electromagnetic. There's no e-field involved, and
consequently you can use the microphone itself as a sensor to hunt down the
source of the problem.