Posted to rec.audio.pro
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

Default Dynamic Mic Noise - Update

On 9/6/2018 2:23 PM, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 9/6/2018 1:02 PM, John Williamson wrote:
If the interference is from a cell tower a block away, then it is RF

RFI is a special case of EMI. They're both electromagnetic radiation.
What you get from a power line or a wall wart is interference from
electromagnetic induction.

Picky, picky.

A friend of mine with this problem actually got Verizon to turn off the
transmitter on the tower that was causing the interference with his
mics, but it took a lot of complaining. Something that might help (he
got the transmitter turned off before he placed the order) is to change
out the connectors on a few mic cables with the Neutric EMI-filtered ones.

http://www.neutrik.com/en/xlr/emc-series/nc3mxx-emc

These connectors appear to be a good idea for high-frequency
interference. It would be interesting to try them. If I were on the road
a lot, I'd probably use cables with them all the time.