Posted to rec.audio.pro
Oliver Wendell Douglas Oliver Wendell Douglas is offline

Default Dumping old Cakewalk audio data

On Jan 3, 8:32*pm, Nil wrote:
On 03 Jan 2012, Oliver Wendell Douglas wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

Actually, it's a certain kind of file , IIRC (which I don't, which
is why I'm *here asking )
that Cakewalk (old one from 2002) *has taken up a lot of disc
space with . I was hoping someone *here would remeber about this,
as I just set up my old computer again , but
it's clogged up with audio or files I don't want , but don't
remember how to get rid of .
I don't believe it's stratght audio data; I remember getting a tip
once *about deleting a certain file type that (IIRC) is related to
how Cakewalk automatically saves *project data .

You don't have to remember what the file is - you can just look. If you
know that it's a Cakewalk file that's taking up the space, surely you
can find it with a file search.

It could be a number of things - it could be WAV files from a project,
it could be archived BUN files, it could be the picture cache (WOV)
files.

YOU have to tell US in order to get a sensible answer. We're not mind
readers and we can't see your computer from here. We need specific file
names.

I can find wav files so no assistance is required there . I removed
as much audio from the projects as I could but there's still a huge
amount (for the old gray mare) of space being occupied
unnecessarily. I found a folder with zillions of small wav files but
a glance indicated it was only a small % of the space in question .

The bun files might be the ones I'm thinking of, as I just ran across
a blurb about them being tied to audio data
and other information. I think that's what I deleted years ago to
solve the problem. I didn't find a folder with those
recently , so let's work with that. Where might I find those?.
Cakewalk Home Studio 2002, if it matters.
I believe I started saving project work as wrk files instead of bun
files (or the other way around ?)to alleviate this situation after
the first round of overfill/deletion , but it got filled again. (It's
old, only a 40g drive. I fired it up again because it has all my old
settings and routing , soundcard, etc., and I am loathe to set up
another computer
now)

The wov does not sound familiar ; it's not what I deleted bunches of
years ago. Is that video data (from image -containing projects, which
I don't do) or just screenshot data from music project pages ?.

Let me know if I need to poke around to provide more info. I haven't
been working with CW for years ,
hence the ignorance .

Thanks,