Posted to rec.audio.car
Tony F Tony F is offline

Default Subwoofer grill

It sounds to me your math is very well thought out and I for one tend to
believe your plan will work just fine. If you really want test it before
hand, just use the sub in an enclosure with the original steel grill, and
cover up some of the appropriate number of holes to simulate your design.
That's what I would do. Otherwise, I'd just make it, put it together, and
see if it works!

Tony

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Clarion DRZ9255 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and Xenon X1200.1

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP Head Unit, Phoenix Gold Ti500.4 Amp, Focal 165HC
Speakers & Image Dynamics ID8 D4 v.3 Sub

2006 Mustang GT Coupe
Alpine IVA-D310 DVD Head Unit, Alpine MRA-550 Digital 5.1 Amp, Boston
Acoustics Z-Series Speakers, Alpine SBS-05DC Center Channel Speaker,
Amplified MTX Thunderform Sub