Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Bourns Pot Shafts Not Long Enough!

Paul wrote:

I have ordered a few of the 2K Bourns pots, with the intention
of taking apart one of them, and seeing if I can replace the too-short
new shaft, with the older, but longer shaft.

** That seems worth a try.

It might work. If it doesn't, I'll just cut a slot in the shaft,
and use a screwdriver to adjust it, as has been suggested.

** Once came across some fancy pots that uses 1/8inch metal shafts - but original knobs were missing.

So, I converted /4 inch, plastic knitting needles into sleeves by drilling 1/8 inch holes up the centre of a few short pieces. Standard knobs then fitted fine.

..... Phil