Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] cedriclathan154@gmail.com is offline

Default Mac adapters

On Jul 14, 6:16*pm, "Soundhaspriority" wrote:
wrote in message

What adapters are out that let you take advantage of the combo input/
output plugs that will take optical digital signals? I know Sony made
one for their CD players that used this connector but ideally, I'd
like to come from a spdif or toslink cable. Do those adapters exist? I
haven't seen any Mac advertising of the capabilities of these
connectors nor have I seen anything from the online stores you see in
the back of computer magazines.

The Sony device is a simple mechanical adapter that has no circuitry; the
optical interface is already in the player.

I'm not sure what you're after, but i you want to convert from coax to
optical or the reverse, circuitry is required. The Midiman CO2 is a
bidirectional converter that can be DC powered, but the power requirement is
significant, and it's a clunky metal box -- probably not what you're looking
for.

Bob Morein
(310) 237-6511

I actually own the C02 and use it to go from optical to coax from a
Sony minidisk with optical to and from a Sony CDR with coax. What I'm
looking for is the adapter to utilize the optical digital ins and outs
of the Mac's combo connector that has a 1/8" stereo ins and outs that
double as optical digital ins and outs.