Mike Dobony

Default MP3 voice recorder with external mic

"Kurt Albershardt" wrote in message
Mike Dobony wrote:
How about the Archos recorder? 20 GB HD and line in and line out.

Just beware that it records only in compressed formats. Also, the
firmware is a little unfriendly at times, although there's an
open-source replacement available which I hear has gotten better.

Creative
Labs Nomad III also used to have a recorder in their lineup, but I have

not
been able to find that last time I looked.

http://www.nomadworld.com/products/Jukebox3/

Neither of these will play back MP3's while recording.

None will. You need separate units if you want to record and play at the
same time. A laptop with a full duplex sound card might be able to do it.

---