Spongebob

Default Your Opinion on Tube Amp Reliability???

"Philip Meech" wrote:
I am probably going to get into trouble for saying this , but the higher
end tube amps sound the same as solid state. We are going to need more

information about what you intend
to drive in what size room.

My room in 20 x 14, with an 8' ceiling.

Could you live with an integrated amp or do you want to go bananas with
dual mono amplifiers.

I think an integrated amp will do me fine. I don't ever "turn it up". I
have Spendor SP 1/2
speakers on Sound Anchor stands. Kimber 8TC cable, various interconnects.

As far as sending amps back to the manufacturer is concerned, I think
that is a good idea if you do need repairs
but it is a rare occurence. What dealers do you have nearby or within 90
miles? Would you be buying a new Conrad Johnson
or a used one?

I have no dealer within 200 miles, so I will be buying over the Internet.
--Leslie