Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] JamesGangNC@gmail.com is offline

Default Neil Young Unveils His Own Version of the iPod

On Monday, June 9, 2014 5:05:58 PM UTC-4, geoff wrote:
On 10/06/2014 7:33 a.m., wrote:

I believe the final pono product has 64gb of internal memory and a 64g sd card. And you can plug/play different music collections on different cards if you want. Plus use a bigger card. Since it has a 64gb card I believe that means it will support up to 2tb since that's the sd spec for large cards. That's a whole lot of music even when lossless. The preferred format is flac, the public domain lossless. But it will play regular mp3s as well as apple's formats including their lossless. So itunes/iwhatever users can copy their library to it manually.

Yeah a good concept, but butt-ugly implementation, and most of the

public seem more than satisfied with crappy mp3s (or apple's version) on

cruddy ear-buds.

geoff

I agree, if there is anything about it I dislike it is the triangular case. They claim that they used some discreet components in it for sound quality and that prevented them for having a more "ipod" shaped case. I'm guessing that was in the audio output section but they don't say. And I'm having trouble figuring out what you would need that was bigger than a couple mm for a discreet amp in that power range.