Posted to rec.audio.pro,uk.rec.audio
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default LAME conversion to MP3

wrote:
On 21 Feb 2020 12:33:06 -0500, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

I would keep the oriiginal WAV file, but web browsers can't play this
particular type of WAV file.

Have you considered retracking this with proper encoding and microphone
placement?

The recording device only produces WAV files with sample rate 48 KHz
and bit rate 192 kb/s. The WAV files it produces cannot be read by MS
Edge and other web browsers.

Have you considered retracking this with proper encoding and microphone
placement?

What do you think, is the encoding scheme I chose for conversion from
WAV to MP3 fit for purpose?

The problem is what you're starting out from.