Jim Carr

"Porky" wrote in message
t...
From a practical standpoint, the question isn't whether Doppler shift
exists in a loudspeaker, the real issue is whether or not it's audible,

and
if it is audible, whether or not our hearing has a mechanism to compensate
for it.

How could the ear/brain possibly compensate for it? There's no way to
analyze a sound to know if it's distorted unless you know how the sound is
supposed to be in the first place. Take the classic whistle on a train.
Unless you know the pitch is supposed to stay constant, how can you know the
sound is affected by Doppler? You can't.

As for the "real" issue the discussion always been esoteric. I don't think
anyone really thinks there is anything practical that can be done about it.