Ike

Default Pro Tools and files on same hard drive or not?

I purchased an Apple G4/1.42 and now i´m asking advice about installing
new software.

The new G4 has two hard drives, 120 G that came with new Mac and an
older 20 G removed from my old G4, where i will keep most of my OS 9
software (and lots of other data). The 120 G drive will obviously be
used for storing audio and video files.

I have a choise of installing Pro Tools LE and Final Cut Pro application
software on the old (smaller) drive or the new one. To optimize
performance/reliability, should i install PT/FCP software on a separate
hard drive from work files? Will it make any difference?

Or should i just put software, OSX and work files on separate
partitions on the same (120G) drive?

Ike