Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Default Zoom H-4 recorder?

wrote:

Apparently a small early shipment went out and I found some people that
had units, in particular a guy who administers a Zoom forum.

Well, I suppose that's the best place to put the first deliveries. The
ads are out now and Zoom isn't a company that advertises months in
advance of availability so I expect they should start showing up in the
hands of more users in the next month or two.

I didn't expect to see them at the AES show (they're a NAMM show
company) and indeed they weren't there. If they were, I would have
begged an evaluation unit. I'm not expecting great performance out of
the mic preamps, but they're probalby OK for some of the casual
recordings I do. The streaming to disk could make it very useful for
festivals, and Micro Center seems to have an unlimited supply of "this
week's special" (for a couple of months now) 1 GB SD memory cards, what
the Zoom uses, for $16.95, only about twice the price of DAT tape. G