Posted to rec.audio.pro
Goaty Goaty is offline

Default Zoom H-4 recorder?

I do some live music recording and interviews for radio. At present I'm
using Sony Minidisc, but we all know that they're getting the hearse
warmed up for that technology, so I have been looking for a replacement
technology.

The Zoom H4 is one I have been looking at, but (while I haven't actually
held one in my hand) the description of the interface in the documents
makes it seem amazingly cumbersome. That's not on. Fast configuration of
and entry to record mode is essential.

The M-Audio Microtrack has a much better interface, but there have been
negative comments on how it actually measures up to claimed specs. I
also don't like the use of an internal rechargable only. When at
festivals, which are often up the bush[1], there is often a lack of
recharging facilities, and having some backup AA batteries is much
prefereable.

The Edirol R series looks good. I'd need to sell my body[2] to afford an
R4, but the R1 or R09 are definite contenders.

Cheers
Goaty

1. ="located in remote areas"
2. or at least a kidney ... wouldn't be much call for the whole package!
--
_--_|\ John Lamp - in beautiful downtown Highton
/ \ DoD#:1906 Ulysses#:10185 Vulcan Nomad

Militant Agnostic - I don't know and you don't either