Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] 113kjd@gmail.com is offline

Default beats audio default "test speakers" sound

in the beats audio control console, when I hit the "test speakers" button, I only get a faint hiss from each speaker in turn. is this normal? shouldn't there be a real sound coming out? otherwise, everything else works fine: in beats audio, system sounds, speakers, headphones. device manager says aok. I get a sound when I test the speakers in windows control panel, but only a hiss from the beats audio test. if everything works fine like it is, I can get along with the hiss. but for future audio troubleshooting possibilities, i'd like to make sure the beats audio is fixed (if it is indeed broken).

I have an hp envy desktop, windows 8.1, and the latest idt driver (4.6.10.1).