Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Frequency range of the voice

In article ,
Ben Bradley wrote:
On 26 Sep 2006 07:48:03 -0700, "Julien Bernier"
wrote:

I rarely use my reverb plugins at more than 5-15% anyway. More than
that, it sounds kitch and the more you go up, the more 80's you go.

Perhaps I'm older than you, but I always thought of "too much
reverb" as being a '60's thing, as in "Wipe Out" or Phil Spector's
numerous wall-of-sound type songs.

The sixties thing, though, is more of a clangy sounding reverb. Throw
the overheads on a spring and then compress the crap after it to exaggerate
the spring decay.

The eighties thing is a more hollow and mellow sounding reverb. Get one
of those Yamaha digital boxes and then compress the crap after it...

I do remember Duran Duran on the radio around the start of the
'80's. Perhaps that's when I started listening more to the classical
music stations.

"This new album has sold a lot of phonographs. I know it's made me
want to sell mine."