Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Frequency range of the voice

Julien Bernier wrote:
I found your hints to be very interesting: Ie: Cutting instead of
Boosting. I find it is a lot easier to test when I do it that way. I
spent some time just equalizing my voice for it to sound just like I'd
like it to. I'll think about buying some HARDWARE EQ's because as of
now I think it pretty sucks to use digital EQs. You don't have the feel
of playing with frequencies very well and I want to TOUCH something.
What EQ would you consider as a pro? I don't want to spend 1k$, but if
more money = more quality, I'd prefer a costy one over a cheap sounding
one. I don't want metallic sounds. (ie: Digital effects on my Alto
mixer).

Take a look at the Spec parametric EQ. It's under $1k and sounds decent.
Also look for a used Orban 622. They are a little grainy by modern standards
but a whole lot more powerful than typical console EQ and sell for pretty
reasonable prices.

For a while, dbx was selling a decent parametric that actually came from
the Orban guys. I forget the part number on it, but again it should turn
up at reasonable prices used.

That's another thing... where can I get good reverb sounds?
Everything I listen to sounds like a tin can!

From a good room!