Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.tubes
Bitrex Bitrex is offline

Default What is the most powerful audio output tube?

On 12/08/2016 02:18 PM, bitrex wrote:

I'd question my sanity if I started thinking about a 500 RMS watt
all-tube amp though. Well, this guy actually did do something rather crazy:

http://www.chambonino.com/construct/const9.html

Output transformer looks like it weighs about as much as I do.

There's not nearly enough protection on that monster for my liking,
either. If I were crazy enough to build something like that I'd probably
have a dedicated uP on every output tube monitoring all the
voltages/currents of interest and shutting everything down quickly if
something looked amiss.

Those transformers don't look cheap.