Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Big Bad Bob Big Bad Bob is offline

Default otl amplifier 65W

On 11/07/16 06:52, so wittily quipped:
Build OTL = transistor
P: 65W
Vin: 0.775V
Rin: 400 kΩ
BW: 30Hz - 17kHz
0,2%
CMRR: 70 dB

i don't know where to start. Help me please ((

Thanks a lot

what exactly are you attempting to do (or ask)? When I look at this I
go "uh, ok..." and that's about it.

you have what appears to be a standard audio amplifier with comporable
specs to a zillion other things. I've designed and built a couple of
them that are similar. One of them is set up to either be 25W per
channel stereo, or (in a bridged mode) run as an ~80W RMS mono amplifier
[like for a bass or guitar]. I used low noise FET input op amps and
MJE2955+MJE3055 for the output. The power supply has two 24V
transformers rated at around 2A on the secondary, one for each leg
(positive and negative). It was a cheap alternative to finding a single
transformer to do the job. But as I built it in the 1980's I'm sure I
could do a switcher, now, that would do an even BETTER job.

/me wishes I still had that old '6L6GC equivalent' based PA amplifier,
though... I used it for a LONG time until the output transformer lost a
primary winding. The output tubes were 12-pin compactrons, though, but
had the same spec as a 6L6GC. 25WRMS nice and clean, too.