John L Stewart John L Stewart is offline
Senior Member

Location: Toronto
Smile

probably - it's something I'd want to do [again].

looking for output transformers, ran across THIS one.

https://www.amplifiedparts.com/products/P-T125A

it's a 3W somewhat-universal output transformer [push pull] with a
complicated secondary winding that lets you configure the primary Z,
apparently.

My guess is that it would make an interesting TRIODE OUTPUT STAGE using
the 12BH7 and this transformer.

Look at the price, you will change your mind. The Hammond 125 PP Series is no longer a good choice for low cost audio. A while ago I had a look at the 125D pricing. From the 1960 catalogue to the present the price increased by 5.3% per annum. Wish I could get that kind of return over 55 years!

Over time I used many of the Hammond 125 Series in various projects. The performance was always more than passable. Anyone who has read my articles in AudioXpress & Glass Audio will see quite a few of them.

I knew several of the guys at Hammond over a period of 55+ years, both as a supplier & then as a customer while at HP & R&S.

Cheers, John L Stewart

bass response isn't ideal, perhaps, but it might work well as a small
P.A. or "distortion" guitar amp where you want to create a really nice
overdrive sound, but at a relatively low output power...[/quote]