John L Stewart John L Stewart is offline
Senior Member

Location: Toronto
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Am Donnerstag, 6. April 2000 09:00:00 UTC+2 schrieb Danielle Holden:
Someone is selling e80cc's on ebay and claiming they are can be used in
place of a 12au7. Is this true? I cant confirm the equivalence
anywhere.

John

I use a Chinese Sonicgear amplifier for my PC. It actually uses one ECC82 / 12AU7 tube for preamp. I replaced it with a NOS Tungsram E80CC and never regretted that. The improvement in sound is unbelieveable.
But be cautious: may be the E80CC can replace an ECC82 only for audio but not for driver.
The e80cc is neither a 12AU7 or 12AX7. See it here-

http://frank.pocnet.net/sheets/190/e/E80CC.pdf

& here-

http://frank.pocnet.net/sheets/009/e/E80CC.pdf

It is spec’d for digital applications, specifically cathode interface caused by long ‘OFF’ periods. Should be AOK for audio!

Cheers to all, John L Stewart
Attached Images