Posted to rec.audio.pro
D.M. Procida D.M. Procida is offline

Default Tinnitus?

William Sommerwerck wrote:

Occasionally, I get a strange sensation in my right ear.

It feels like pressure on the eardrum, and it affects my hearing, a bit
like when you've been swimming and have water in your ear (I once
visited my doctor when that's what I thought the problem was, who said
there was no sign of pressure).

The sensation is most like the sensation I get when I stand with my ear
close up to a soundproofed surface, such as the kind of thick deadening
material in telephone kiosks.

Does this sound like it might be tinnitus?

It is the opposite of tinnitus.

This happens to me about once a month -- one of my ears seems to go briefly
"dead". I don't know what causes it, but it's being on for years, and has
not gotten worse. It's probably nothing to worry about.

That is something I've had since a child (I am 40 now), but this feels
quite different.

Daniele