Arny Krueger

Default Audio amplifier design trivial?

"Audio Guy" wrote in message

My point is that relative to other areas of EE, audio IS trivial.

Well certainly, most legacy audio is very cut-and-dried. Other than making
high quality audio smaller/lighter/cheaper there isn't a lot of life left in
the old girl.

Audio could be more interesting and profitable, but so much of its real and
intangible capital has been squandered on snake oil. Audio has been largely
a derivative art for at least 20-30 years.

As well as mundane and much less lucrative.

Bingo, and one reason why I've never looked for a full-time job in audio
since I was 15. I have some friends who did with varied success, but many of
them either fell off the gravy train or are glad they are coming up on
retirement.

I mean, come on, it just
doesn't compare to to something like designing ICs at the sub-micron
level, or optical transmission at a 10 Gbit/sec rate.

There are a few ways to make the big bucks in audio and not soil oneself
with snake oil, but they are few and far between.