Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

Default Fixing my Rode K2

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 13:54:44 -0500, Soundhaspriority wrote
(in article ) :

"Frank Stearns" wrote in message
acquisition...
"Soundhaspriority" writes:

"Jeff Henig" wrote in message

snip

One other form of desiccation is to use a desk lamp with a 100 watt light
bulb to warm it up. Production sound folks are fond of this method. At
least
one manufacturer recommends it.

This worked with a noisy Studio Projects mike. I can't advise on safe
temperatures, since I simply took a gamble. An IR thermometer indicates
that
the temperature with a desk lamp at 8 inches is in the range of 120F.

Never use this method on an electret mike, which yours is not.

Interesting, Bob.

Are you saying that heat hastens the demise of the "permanent"
polarization, or is
there some other problem?

Frank
Mobile Audio

Yes, exactly, particularly with AT mikes. DPA claims a much more rugged
electret.

Bob Morein
(310) 237-6511

Particularly? Where's the proof on that!?!

Regards,

Ty Ford

Guitar player?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWaPRHMGhGA