Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Iain Churches[_2_] Iain Churches[_2_] is offline

Default No Interconnect is the Best

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Iain Churches wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote

To avoid 'digital clips' it's necessary to use a 'digital meter' that
registers the exact amplitude of every sample.

Agreed. But take a look at much of the current chart material.
You will find there is often no attempt at all to "avoid digital clips"

How do you KNOW ?

I have looked at a lot of recorded material, and also sometimes
had the chance to compare the CD with the pre-production master.

Chances are that they're using far more accurate metering
than you are. DAWs are good at that.

The team with which I am associated owns a large ProTools
DAW, and a Studer digital editing workstation.

Iain