Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default No Interconnect is the Best

"Iain Churches" wrote in message
ti.fi
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..

The output of the CD recorder is routed via AES/EBU to
the LO1 position and meters on the Lewo console.

So you sit and watch the meters for the duration of the
recording? What if you blink your eyes?

:-)))

The meter has a peak level marker, which stays in place
until you cancel it, plus the possibility to assign 98
other levels into memory.
It corresponds exactly with the level indicated by the
HHB CD recorder.

Got one of those, and no way would I trust the
information about levels that I get from it for a
question such as the one at hand.

I knew you had. That's why I mentioned it.
What you don't have is the Lewo post-production desk:-)

The Lewo desk can only corrupt the results. I go direct digital with no gain
controls in the signal path.