Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default No Interconnect is the Best

Iain Churches wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote

What the hell is the point of monitoring 'perceived loudness'. Have these
people not got EARS to do that ? Measureing 'loudness' with a meter makesa
bout as much sense as giving a fish a bicycle and has always struck me as
being about the lamest excuse you could imagine for using a backward,
technically flawed method !´

It gives a post-production engineer, with the
skill to interpret what he sees, a better
indication of what the compressor is doing
to the overal dynamic that any PPM ever could.

Don't be ridiculous !

Compressors have GAIN REDUCTION METERS. That's what you monitor, not damn stupid
VU meters.

Sometimes you say things that make me wonder if you ever really worked in sound
engineering.

Graham