Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] dan.hitt@gmail.com is offline

Default handheld audio test signal generator with an internal speaker,all-in-one unit

On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 12:47:32 AM UTC-7, Scott Dorsey wrote:
wrote:

A tuner (meaning a piece of electronics that reports the frequency) is alon=
g the right lines --- thanks Scott for suggesting that. That's not what i =
want, but it sounds useful, and i'm so out of it i didn't know that they ex=
ist so commonly and cheaply.

As I said in the original post, most tuners will also produce a reference
tone, like an infinite set of tuning forks. You set the note on the front,
and with one switch it produces that note and with another it reads your
pitch with respect to it. As I said in the original post, try the Roland..

Thanks Scott.

I was too dense to understand the bit about the reference pitch in your original.

I looked at some youtube videos about Roland Boss tuners, and didn't see anything that looked like a small speaker on them (such as their clip-on tuner) that would emit an acoustic wave. (There were some that had output ports, but i presume that would be for daisy-chaining and in the case of a tuner would just pass through the input signal.)

But maybe i was looking at the wrong tuners (clip-on and pedal).

Do you have a Roland tuner that provides a direct audio (acoustic) out? Or do you have to attach another piece of gear to it to make the signal audible?

If you do have a Roland tuner, i'd sure appreciate knowing the model so i can check it out.

Thanks again for the info, and TIA for any more specifics that you'd care to share.

(Also thanks everybody else for all the info, advice, and suggestions. I'll also try to respond to the questions, but i'll have to make another sweep through this thread to be systematic about it.)

dan