Posted to rec.audio.tech
Len Moskowitz

Default Convert Optical (spdif) audio to analog RCA

wrote:

Is there an inexpensive way to convert optical audio plug to RCA analog
jacks? My PC sound card is optical output only that I can use. I
googled it, but there seems to be more analog to optical than vise
versa and the ones I found are quite expensive.

Assuming that you really want to convert S/PDIF optical to stereo
analog, Radio Shack used to stock a low cost D-to-A converter, their
stock number 15-1242 for under $40. I use it occasionally to convert
digital sources to cassette.

If you want to convert S/PDIF optical (using Toslink or optical miniplug
connectors) to S/PDIF coaxial (using a single RCA connector), the
M-Audio CO2 will do the job. It's bit-for-bit accurate, while other
similar devices may not be.

http://www.core-sound.com/co2/1.php

Core Sound http://www.core-sound.com
Teaneck, New Jersey USA Tel: 201-801-0812, FAX: 201-801-0912