Bob Ross

Default Matched Pair of Neumann mics?

Fletcher wrote:

A pair of KM-184's? Eh. I wouldn't... I've become a huge fan of both the
Josephson C-42MP [which is a factory "matched" set] and the T.H.E "KP-6M"s
in that application.

Hey Fletcher, have you had a chance to check out the T.H.E. subcardioid capsule
from their modular condenser series (KR-2W I think) on acoustic guitar? To date
one of the best steel string guitar sounds I have ever encountered. It's not so
much "accurate" as it is "iconic" ...IOW, it sounds exactly like you remember
acoustic guitars sounding on your favorite records. Kinda bright, but with
incredible pitch definition in the midrange, & so little proximity effect that
you can cram it right up on the soundhole (if so desired) without all that mush
that makes other mics (& owners of said other mics) shy away from that area of
the instrument.

/Bob Ross