S888Wheel

Default Comments regarding: Cables, Hearing, Stuff!!

Subject: Comments regarding: Cables, Hearing, Stuff!!
From: Stewart Pinkerton
Date: 4/6/2004 3:59 PM Pacific Standard Time

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 17:54:38 GMT,
(Michael
Scarpitti) wrote:

I have purchased a few cables over the years, including
some that were custom-trimmed. I compared several of these cables at
one point and found no discernible differences. Then I tried a much
costlier cable (Monster brand) and it stood out from the others. The
differences were subtle, but the bass seemed tighter and the treble
cleaner. The frequency extremes, in other words, stood out from the
cheaper cable.

Try that when you don't *know* what's connected. You've never actually
done this, have you?

Those who claim that there are no differences must be using crummy
sources or transducers.

I wondered how long it would take you to get round to that old
strawman. That's pretty much the only reason why I still own a 'high
end' vinyl rig, a Krell amp and Apogee speakers..........

Sounds like you are more interested in arguing about audio than enjoying it. It
makes no sense to me to invest in equipment so you can say it isn't as good as
it is alleged to be. If you think you can do better for less you are shooting
yourself in the proverbial foot with what you have. Should we take it that your
position is don't buy your stuff, and you should know, you bought it?