Michael Scarpitti

Default Comments regarding: Cables, Hearing, Stuff!!

"Frank O. Hodge" wrote in message news:3z3bc.58126$JO3.36560@attbi_s04...

'What' did I expect the first time?

What had you decided that you wanted to expect? That's what.

Specifically, I mean. Your answer is hardly responsive. How did I
'create' all the sonic characters of these amplifiers?

How was I able to remember all the
details? How was I able to produce all the details the first time and
do it flawlessley again later?

How were you able to remember all such things, in a way that (not
ostensibly, sort of nominally, only very putatively) you took to
validate your hypothesis? (How do you know that you heard, and
remembered, "all the details," initially and "flawlessl[]y" later?

The amps did not 'change' in the six-month interval between listening
sessions 1 and 2. They retained the same characteristics they had at
first exposure. It would be difficult to account for this on mere
psychological terms. It is, in fact, a counter-example to your
hypothesis.

What
about the ones that you forgot to listen for, i.e., forgot to say that
you heard? You listened for a,b,c; I suggest you listen for x,y,z; now
you'd have to restate your listening results, unless perhaps x,y,z (or
a,b,c) don't exist anyway, not a hard thing inasmuch as we haven't
bothered to define any of them. Which one was the lamp cord, from the
hardware store?) How were you able to persist in self-delusion?

These were amplifiers.