Eric K. Weber

Default Microphone Head Grille Effects

Have a look at http://www.mcmaster.com/ they stock very fine screen...

Rgds:
Eric

"Rob Reedijk" wrote in message
http://www.is.svitonline.com/ustrizza/mics/mics.htm )

Interesting stuff!

I am going through some questions about mesh densities. I have some
c-60s, and one of them needs the mesh replaced. AKG no longer stocks
it and are not very helpful in providing specs (what is the per square
inch count? material? etc)

Trying to find a supplier of fine mesh is a bit of trial. However, I am
eventually going to be getting hold of some samples from pulp & paper
people. My dad worked in the industry for 30 or 40 years, and they
know a lot about fine mesh. They deal in some pretty fine densities.

One little neat thing I happened upon:
If you are looking for a less fine mesh for a small diaphragm capsule, the
little discs for aeration filters on kitchen and bathroom taps are an
intriguing possibility. Too small for a c-60, by a hair, but they
might work on something else. Yes, they are way more coarse (though less
than a window screen) but that might actually sound better.

I suppose that the percentage of open area in addition to "fibre count"
are the too main parameters. Then the material, conductive/non-
conductive, stiff/flexible and a whole bunch of other little details
come into play.

Rob R.