Old April 26th 17, 02:17 AM posted to comp.misc,rec.audio.tech
Julian Macassey

Default [CM] Headphones -> Hearing aids -> Windows Wenk

On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 15:56:52 +0100, Adrian Caspersz > wrote:

> OK, even more off topic than my segue ...
>
> Put a block to these in a firewall device.
> Pretty easy for most Windows 10 users :-p

Yup, looks like needs more than a hosts file.

> a-msedge.net
> a.ads2.msads.net
> adnexus.net
> aidps.atdmt.com
> az361816.vo.msecnd.net
> az512334.vo.msecnd.net
> b.ads1.msn.com
> b.ads2.msads.net
> c.atdmt.com
> c.msn.com
> cdn.atdmt.com
> cds26.ams9.msecn.net
> db3aqu.atdmt.com
> ec.atdmt.com
> feedback.microsoft-hohm.com
> flex.msn.com
> g.msn.com
> h1.msn.com
> lb1.www.ms.akadns.net
> live.rads.msn.com
> m.adnxs.com
> msedge.net
> msnbot-65-55-108-23.search.msn.com
> msntest.serving-sys.com
> preview.msn.com
> reports.wes.df.telemetry.microsoft.com
> sO.2mdn.net
> schemas.microsoft.akadns.net
> secure.flashtalking.com
> settings-win.data.microsoft.com
> statsfe2.ws.microsoft.com
> telemetry.appex.bing.net:443
> wes.df.telemetry.microsoft.com
>
> from http://someonewhocares.org/hosts/

My buddy adds:

I have to add something here; Windows 10 does not honor a
hosts.txt entry for these, so simply adding them to the internal
hosts file will serve no purpose.

A fellow by the handle of Barnacules Nerdgasm on Youtube
discovered that "Edge", the Internet Explorer replacement,
bridges right past the host file. He tried to block Bing.com in
the hosts and Edge brought it up without pause. These entries
will have to go into a router, or some external firewall.

--
“Advice is a cheap commodity some seek it from me about crime — I know only one
thing for sure — If you want to make crime pay — ‘Go to Law School.’ ”