TubeGarden

Hi RATs!

Well, it is true that extremely short MTBF would make listening to an entire CD
impossible My position is simply that as audio experimenters, we can focus
simply on sonics, and leave other engineering miracles for the production
types.

None of my circuits have died, they have all been murdered by me in the name of
sonics. Oops, the 315A transmitter tubes for IFFR didn't last long as audio
tubes, on the order of weeks, 24/7, but that was one out of hundreds. And, they
did look cool as anything I have tried

My point was using MTBF as some sense of quality in a private system is simply
not very useful. Nor am I interested in watts consumed to produce the
milliwatts that drive my speakers. Those are indeed real things, but, I only
have ears for the music. The techno parallel universes are not of concern for
me.

I do not hope to leave this life with a place in history, just a smile

Happy Ears!
Al

Alan J. Marcy
Phoenix, AZ