Default The case for ABX

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
ink.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
ink.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
ink.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
ink.net...

The people endorsing ABX have results to show for their efforts.
The other side has.....?

.... a system they enjoy listening through.

But it might be possible to have the smae sound for less money or it
may be possible to have a better one. Likely as not given that there
are so few differnces, no change would occur.

"Better" is in the eye of the beholder. "Better" is what you think
sounds best. I prefer whatever sounds best when I am listening for
enjoyment,
not what sounds best when I am engaged in a rigid test environment.

How do you know if you've never bothered to try?

Suppose for the sake of discussion that you found that you could save
several hundred dollars by doing DBT? Wouldn't it be better to have
the same sound from your electronics and have extra money left over to
put it wher it really counts, with a better quailty speaker system?

First of all, my time is valuable.
There goes the several hundred saved right there.
Also, I doubt that I could improve my speaker situation
for under $5,000, maybe even $10,000.

What speakers do you own?
Have you seen the new NHT Digital speakers in the current issue of SP?
At $6000.00 for the system, they look to be worth every penny, although
there are some very impressive conventional speakers for less than 5K.

Vandersteen 4's

I will have to replace them when I move. No room, and the overseas freight
charge will
be outrageous. And the original boxes were ruined in a flood.

I must have missed it, where are you moving to?

If you get a chance the NHT's look to be amazing.