Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Class D power amplifier---what about class-D CD?

On Thu, 8 Oct 2009 12:50:41 -0700, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

I am knowledgeable on information theory, thank you.
I am the author of several ETSI standards for digital
transmission, and have designed digital + analogue
signal generators for Marconi Instruments.

If you actually did understand information theory, you would have understood
what I was saying "at once" -- or you would have figured it out long ago.

Hell, I buy photo magazines with article written by people who know almost
nothing about what they're writing about.

By your definition the audio signal that comes
OUT of my CD player is digital. It simply isn't.

I never said that -- at least in this discussion.

You didn't have to say it, it was implicit. The signal that comes out
of a CD player is quantized, therefore by your definition it is
digital.