Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Default Vinyl

On Saturday, January 23, 2016 at 10:09:35 AM UTC-5, Robert Peirce wrote:
On 1/19/16 11:15 AM, Peter Wieck wrote:
On Monday, January 18, 2016 at 1:35:40 PM UTC-5, Robert Peirce wrote:
What is the best way to get rid of unwanted LPs?

I have a large collection I want to retain, but my brother and mom had
smaller collections I need to dispose of. Unfortunately, I am a buyer
not a seller and have no idea of the best way to proceed.

It would help to know where you are, the condition of the records, the

=20
general type (classical, rock, big-band, etc.) and the overall quantity.
=20
For some, 100 is 'big' and for others, 2,000 is small.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

The records are at my home between Pittsburgh and Washington, PA but I
am in VA right now so I can't get a count or condition until I return.
However, my mom's records are mostly Sinatra, Bennett, etc. My
brother's are mostly rock. I am not an expert in either genre, being
more of a jazz and classical fan, but I know from a quick review there
are some pretty good titles here. Condition is unknown.

If the titles are, as you suggest, good, and also the condition - you could=
cherry-pick and sell them on eBay or various collector sites by type, arti=
st & genre. You could also sell as an entirety, based on some good titles. =
If "getting rid" is the goal, Impact Thrift, Habitat for Humanity, Goodwill=
and the Starvation Army (intended) are typical outlets for charity of that=
nature. But, vinyl is making something of a comeback, so for a little bit =
of trouble, you might get a decent return.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA