Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Role of Production(Recording, Mixing, & Mastering) in Creating a Great Record

Chuck wrote:
Some higher end CD players with Burr Brown DACs, in the mid 80s, had a
potentiometer that could be adjusted for minimum distortion on a low
level tone. Many times they were adjusted incorrectly out of the box.
As a courtesy to our customers, we would adjust the pots for minimum
distortion before the customer took the players home.

AARGH! LSB trims!
You can set 'em, but they don't stay that way....

Thank God for the Bitstream Revolution!