Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Stephen McElroy Stephen McElroy is offline

Default The audio geek

In article ,
ScottW wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/25/ga...eeks.html?_r=0

They run one of these articles every 6 months or so...and they all lack
credibility with lines like this leading into a segment on resurgence of
vinyl.

"Then he heard one of his older brother’s albums, “A Night at the Opera”
by
Queen, in 5.1 surround sound. “I remember listening to it in my room and
hearing all the voices,” Mr. Damski said. “I thought, ‘Oh, there’s
another

layer to this I wasn’t aware of.’ ”

There IS a resurgence in vinyl.

That may be true but how one is led to it by listening to a 5.1 remix of
Queen's Night at the Opera is unclear.

The Queen anecdote wasn't about lps, but was an example of one of "many
younger music fans [...] seeking a listening experience that goes beyond
an MP3 and a cheap pair of earbuds."

Stephen