V-Twin

Tanks for such a long, clarifying and kind ansewer, I hope i'm not
misusing your patience...

Patrick Turner wrote in message ...
I have never seen 40 mV coming from a cartridge at 1 kHz.

I have never studied the CRO trace during the 9th symphonie's cannon shots.

4mV is the high side of what comes from a cartridge.

Well, i read that book and i have no reason to doubt what MJ says
until i don't found proofs that he's wrong. After all he is definitely
more expert than me )
But i never considered it like a bible...

Anyway, to cut a long story short,
Perhaps you should just try building a two stage
triode amp, so that the gains of the two tubes equal say 4,000, +/- 50%,
with a passive RIAA filter between V1 and V2,
and have a measure, and have a listen.

It's too early to build something, i have a lot to study and learn
before trying to put tubes together.