Cyrus

In article .com,
"still learning" wrote:

Here's one more for a recommendation. My only beef is the 2nd order xo,

may not be enough in some situations. But for the price vs. performance

ratio, they can't be beat.

hth,

________________________________________-

Absolutely, Do not consider anything less than a 4th order L/R xover.
The parts express plate amp I saw says nothing about it's xover. IMO
the Rythmik Audio or Adire Audio Hypex amps are a much better choice
for plate amps.

ZZsounds has a wide choice of freestanding proamps with lowpass xovers
built in. Pro audio seems to allow far more flexibility and much better
prices for things like parametric EQ's and xovers.

The Rythmik amps *are* the PE amps, with upgraded caps/opamps and 4th
order xo's as opposed to PE's 2nd order. This is parroted information
though, I have no first hand experience. I can't see paying more than
$150us for an AB plate amp w/out at least one parametric band and 2nd
order xo's though.

Have you any experience with Adire's new ADA series plate amps?

--
Cyrus

*coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*