Dave Cohen

Default CD R on Boombox CD Player

Another suggestion, take the most problematic media you have and visit a
Best Buy or similar, you shouldn't have a problem finding running units on
which you can test, I doubt salespeople would object. Lie a little, tell
them you're looking to purchase and want to be sure etc. You might even be
telling the truth depending on what you find.
Dave Cohen

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"SPS22" wrote in message
om
I just bought an inexpensive JVC boombox CD player. It is advertised
as playing CD R/W. Some of my CD-R's play fine, some don't. I tried
to burn the non-playing CD's again on my computer on different CD
brand, they still do not play. Is something wrong with this JVC
boombox? Should we get a better boombox? Or is it a problem that is
bound happen in these inexpensive boomboxes.

I can tell you for sure that modern boomboxes can play CD-Rs just fine. If
you've got a new one that doesn't, it's probably defective. A good modern
boombox should be able to play anything that you can play on just about

any
other player, including the burner you used to make it.