Mark Zarella

Default Installer in central NY?

What kind of car is this??

98 caddy sts

What kind of speakers??

a/d/s/ 6's and 4's in the front doors, morel 6's and 2's in the rear doors.

any paticular reason everyone
is saying this can't be done??

The reasons have been vague. Mounting depth is the big issue. The
stock speakers have about a 2" mounting depth and the aftermarkets are
about 3". However, there's a strong 1/2" (probably more if I recall)
between the speaker and glass, and if they build it out from the door
some they've got a strong inch between the speaker and grille. But
whenever I tell them this they go "hmmmm...".

The other issue is that they have to build a baffle on which to mount
the 6 and 4. Today's shop cited that as a reason for not wanting to do
it: "nah, you don't want it that way, we'd have to build a baffle and
everything". Well no **** sherlock.

The other excuses from other places have just been retarded.

If you've done the same thing in this car before
why are you looking for someone else to do it??

Because I currently don't have the space to do it. I hate having to run
the jigsaw in the living room. Also, I don't really have the time right
now either. Turns out I'll probably have to do it myself anyway in the
spring over someone else's house.