Posted to rec.audio.high-end
---MIKE--- ---MIKE--- is offline

Default Volume compressor needed

Thanks for your reply. The SACDs from BIS with the Beethoven symphonies
directed by Vanska are one example. The CD layer has the same range as
the SACD layer. Another example is "Stokowski's Symphonic Baroque"
(Chandos CHAN 9930).

My system is old. Marantz CD67SE, MSB Link D to A converter, Apt-Holman
preamp, Apt-1 power amp, DBX Soundfield one speakers. I have several
sub-woofers. The room is 22' X 30' with an 18" cathedral ceiling. The
listening area is carpeted. When I listen to Vermont Public Radio
(digital classical feed) there is no problem because of their volume
compression (sometimes too much). At my age (78) I don't plan on any
major changes to the system (except maybe a compressor). My heirs are
probably not interested in my system!

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')