Mkuller

Default Why DBTs in audio do not deliver (was: Finally ... The Furutech CD-do-something)

(Nousaine) wrote:
Well that's the idea behind double blind testing; keep the subject and
experimentor from contaminating the results. But you're being unresponsive.
Why
hasn't some manufacturer, seller, enthusiast produced a single relicable
experiment verifying amp or wire sound?

You can reject my opinion, data and experiments and you're still left with no
positive data from the producer side of the fence. Why is that?

Ok, I'll bite. Here's why I think there is very little positive 'scientific
evidence' showing components sound different.

1. No one cares about 'proof' except the few who personally believe and want
to 'prove' there are NO audible differences.

2. Those who believe there are audible differences are happy to trust their
personal perceptions, regardless of the loud protestations of the few (mostly
here on RAHE) that their perceptions are misguided.

3. DBTs are the preferred method of the 'debunkers' and they usually show
null results because of the way the tests are conducted and the fact that all
of the results are averaged. DBTs do not duplicate the way audiophiles
ordinarily listen to music and compare components. (Please spare me the
arguements that DBTs only change the use of sight - they are also unnatural
because they require the listener to make a blind guess.)

4. Failing a DBT has not convinced very many people that "there are no
differences", just that they were not able to identify the differences they
normally hear under those specific DBT conditions.

So why haven't those folks suggested or designed a test that would show the
differences? I refer you back to No.1. above.

It's an endless loop just like the DBT debates here on RAHE!
Regards,
Mike