John

Default Jl 500/1 vs. Alpine 500 watt mono block

Hi,

Has anyone had experience with both of these amps before? Here's my
situation:

I currently have a JL 300/4 powering my Alpine and Pioneer (ugh)
speakers in the cab, and a RF 700.2 bridged powering my Kicker SB L7
12" (sealed box). A couple days ago the sub stopped working, and I
think it's probably the end of the RF amp (I checked the fuses and
they're fine and I'm having the store I had them installed with look
at it the week after next). If indeed it is a dead amp, I'm looking
to upgrade. Most of the music I listen to doesn't require a lot of
bass so for most applications I'm looking for quality over quantity.
The RF did ok most of the time but I think the SB can perform better
than I've heard so far. The store I bought the stuff from first time
is charging $550 for the JL and $500 for the Alpine. So my questions

1) Will there really be a noticable difference?
2) Are these prices competitive?
3) Does the fact that I have other alpine equipment (head unit,
components) make a difference?

Thanks!

John