Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Radio processing

John Williamson wrote:

Lossy data compression and digital transmission can and
does cause many artifacts, including "nasty and tizzy" ones
as well as burbling mud and other problems when the error
correction fails.

I hear these all the time as I travel round using a DAB radio.

If you must criticise, at least do so correctly.

________

By now you should know where I'm coming from in that regard, lol! Formats have
evolved to the point where there is usually less degradation or undesirable
qualities from the formats themselves than from processing choices in production,
post, and in the case of radio(analog or DAB): the transmission chain.